back to school

Aaah exercise books take me back to a time when I was about half my current height and grappling with how to join my handwriting. I loved that feeling of starting a new workbook at the beginning of a term, always with the intention that everything that went inside would be neat and beautiful (it never was by the 2nd week of term). Now exercise books seem to hold a nostalgic charm and always grab my eye in shops so I decided to design and make my own. I combined and edited old images, borders and fonts to make these four book designs, which you can download for free here. I printed the covers onto flecked or sugar paper and the insides onto card. Then I spray mounted the two sides together and used a long armed stapler to fix the paper inside. Very simple really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment