mum's the word

I hope everyone remembered Mother’s Day this year! I have to say I quite enjoy peeping into card shops the day before a national occasion just to see the last minute panic buyers, frantically scooping up the dregs and breathing a sigh of relief. It’s pretty funny. Well I think its funny anyway. I decided to make an edible gift for my Mum and Mum-in-law. You can’t go wrong with something pink and sweet for a lady. I tried adapting a cloud cake recipe I found by adding an extra layer and some extra decoration. I came up with the idea to make the puddings in old jam jars to see the full affect of all the sugary layers. The jars also make compact, sealable packages which are pretty handy if you're wanting to give it as a gift. All details of the recipe will be in my next post if you want to have a go.

2 comments: